The stamping environment is tough on equipment and therefore the mechanical and electrical design of our systems are rugged and robust. Tool design and motion profiles are determined prior to tool and transfer build. This optimizes run rates and eliminates tooling interference, thereby maximizing production and achieving full production rates.
Linear’s design process includes the following procedures:
• Strict drawing revisions
• GD&T dimensioning techniques are employed for primary tolerencing.
• Formal ECR/ECN Process is in place to ensure continuous improvement and proper build documentation.
• All components are modeled and assembled with 3D CAD tools; all electrical schematics are produced with automated electrical CAD tools.
• Mechanical and electrical CAD tools are used to generate automated Engineering Work Orders/ Bill Of Materials.
• All Engineering Work Orders contain all material requirements and operations necessary to complete the machine.
All of the above processes are critical to produce high-quality equipment from a quantified proven design.